Adams County Fire Rescue is currently seeking qualified applicants interested in participating in an upcoming promotional process for the position of Fire Inspector. This is a permanent position within the Prevention Bureau. If you are qualified and interested in testing, please submit the documentation outlined below in “Application Packet”. Applicants must meet the minimum requirements and be able to perform the essential functions of the position as] outlined in the ACFPD Job Description for Fire Inspector I, II or III (to be determined by applicant qualifications), prior to the official posting date above.
Below is a list of the minimum qualifications:
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Possess and maintain a valid State of Colorado driver’s license, a satisfactory driving record, and annually participate in District approved defensive driver training.
- Work experience as a Fire Inspector. Substantial work experience or education in a closely related field
may also be accepted.
- Possess and maintain International Code Council (ICC) Fire Inspector I.
- Meet physical fitness requirements as established by the District.
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform the job.
- Possess a demonstrable knowledge of basic computer skills and the ability to operate applicable District
- Colorado Division of Fire Protection and Control (CDFPC) Fire Inspector I certification.
- ICC Fire Inspector II certification.
- ICC Fire Examiner certification.
- CDFPC Fire Inspector III – Plans Examiner.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand Spanish language.
The following items need to be included in your “Application Packet” in the following order:
- Cover letter – One page indicating the position you are applying for, describe your experience, and
explaining why you want this position.
- Resume – no more than 2 pages
- Copy of your driving record.
- Relevant State or National certifications in the order as listed above.
- Diploma for highest level of formal education.
Please do not include any copies of certificates or certifications unless they are listed above.
Please submit your application packet to Lorri Duncan located at the Administrative Office, Station 14 or via email
to email@example.com, prior to the close of business on the application closing date.
After reviewing each application packet, the District will notify qualified applicants and assign testing date, time and
NOTE: The above job description is intended to represent only key areas of responsibilities. Specific position
assignments will vary depending on the needs of the District.
Salary range for this position is $63,122 – $91,996 (paid hourly, eligible for overtime), dependent upon experience
and education. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and pension.